AVIN Project Manager
Invest Ottawa delivers economic development programs and initiatives that increase entrepreneurial momentum in Ottawa and the surrounding region. Since 2012, Invest Ottawa has helped facilitate the creation of more than 5,500 jobs. Guided by a vision to help realize Ottawa’s full potential as a globally-recognized, innovative and future-ready city and the best place to work and live, Invest Ottawa helps to catalyze the growth and success of local entrepreneurs and firms.
A non-profit corporation, Invest Ottawa delivers programs and services which include start-up incubation and mentorship, acceleration for existing companies, global business and investment attraction and local business retention, targeted sector development, commercialization, and marketing Ottawa’s diversified economy and high quality of life.
In September 2017, Invest Ottawa and the Bayview Yards began working closely together as strategic partners with a mission to drive industry-led innovation, leveraging emerging technologies to build high‑value jobs, long-term economic growth and community prosperity.
What You’ll Do
The Project Manager , reporting to the Program Director, will drive the execution for Ottawa’s Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN) Regional Technology Hub www.avinhub.ca. The Project Manager has daily responsibility for the technical operations and project management for the hub. The ideal candidate leads the technical operations of the Centre and be an expert network architect with a strong engineering track record in communications and IT networks.
The Project Manager in collaboration with the industry technical steering committee will design and establish the private and public multi-vendor test platforms. These platforms will integrate various AVIN partners in-kind contributions into cohesive testbeds. This function will have primary responsibility for the testing and commercialization activities of the hub including management of projects and, in partnership with steering committee, solicitation/ screening of proposals and project monitoring and execution. The Project Manager will play an important role in defining and delivering AVINs services and ensuring the continued evolution of the testbed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Define processes, project requirements and policies through customer interaction, market research, quantitative sizing, competitive analysis, and by working with the AVIN partners.
- With the industry partners establish a public and private, integrated, multi-vendor AV test platform that supports AVIN projects, use cases and research from the stakeholders across the regions AV cluster.
- Work with the technical steering committee and with the industry partners define, deliver and continue to evolve the public and private AVIN testbeds.
- Identify, evaluate, scope AVIN projects with partners and the reporting for the industry projects.
- Play a key role in ensuring that all projects and metrics are met and delivered to the government funders in the required time lines.
Required Competencies and Experience
- Strong expertise in network architecture including load balancing, DNS, BGP, IPSec VPN and virtual data centers
- Expertise in Open Source technologies, SDN and security
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Rackspace)
- Sound judgment and ability in handling matters of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changes
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Engineering or Computer Science:
- 7-10 years hands-on experience in project management, preferably with software or networking systems
- Direct experience defining technical support strategies
- Certified Project Management Professional is an asset
- English oral, reading and writing
- French oral, reading and writing would be considered an asset
- Competency in any other language is also an asset
So why should you consider this role?
At Invest Ottawa, you will have the chance to learn about the inner workings of Ottawa’s entrepreneurship, start-up and business community. It means having the opportunity to work to your full potential, surrounded by the best and brightest people. From the physical space to their top-tier health benefits, Invest Ottawa promotes a healthy work-life balance through many employee perks including flexible work hours, annual fitness allowance, employer paid RRSP contributions and professional development, as well as an onsite fresh food cafeteria. It’s a place where you can be proud of the work you do.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume in confidence to Invest Ottawa by email to [email protected]. This posting will remain open until it is filled.
Invest Ottawa/Bayview Yards is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Invest Ottawa/Bayview Yards offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Invest Ottawa/Bayview Yards regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Invest Ottawa/Bayview Yards thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged