The Intercultural Dialogue Institute invites you to take part in its International Women’s Day 2020 celebration. Focusing on ‘Immigrant Women –
The Intercultural Dialogue Institute invites you to take part in its International Women’s Day 2020 celebration. Focusing on ‘Immigrant Women – Finding Success From The Ground Up’, we will be helping immigrant women acquire the tools and skills they need to thrive in Canada’s economy.
From 4 – 6 pm we will be hosting two workshops for everyone who is interested (this part of the event is free of charge).
- Workshop 1: Resume writing, the job search process and immigrant women wellness. Presented by Zahra Karimi from the Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization.
- Workshop 2: Entrepreneurship and social marketing. Presented by Lilia Ait Mehdi from Humans for Peace.
From 6 – 8.30 pm we will be all sitting down together for a dinner (halal certified meat) before we start our panel, followed by discussion and Q&A with the audience. Our MC and keynote speaker for the night will be the amazing Lovina Srivastava, who has been a long time community builder in Ottawa. Tickets are $15. You can purchase a table of 8 for $100.
Moderated by Judy Chow MD, Family Physician, the panel will showcase stories and perspectives of immigrant women workplace success and resilience. Panel speakers will be:
- Roya Shams, Ambassador for Canadian Women for Women in Afghanistan
- Shirin Kabiri, Researcher and Healthcare professional
- Jasmine Qi, Interim Manager of Community Economic Development for the Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization
Join us for an evening of unique perspectives and inspirational stories. Please register here on Eventbrite if you would like to attend the dinner and panel discussion. This event is an interesting networking opportunity for both newcomers and those who would like to forge professional ties with newcomers.
Both the workshops and the dinner with panel discussion will take place at 335 Michael Cowpland Drive. Parking available.
For more information contact us at facebook.com/InterculturalDialogueOttawa
(Sunday) 4:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST
The Intercultural Dialogue Institute