Casual Off-Hours Receptionist and Event Assistant
Bayview Yards is looking for a Casual Off-Hours Receptionist and Event Assistant to join the Bayview Yards team.
Bayview Yards provides the ultimate one-stop shop and ‘mash-up’ of technical, business and market capabilities, resources, and expertise that help technology entrepreneurs and companies launch, grow, and thrive. In addition to providing services to businesses, Bayview Yards offers event space to the public. Events may take place during the daytime or evening during the weekday and on the weekends. Bayview Yards requires administrative support throughout the events to work with clients and attendees, and act as the Bayview Yards
staff liaison for on-site event requirements.
Reporting to the Events and Administration Manager, the Off-Hours Receptionist and Event Assistant will support the event management function at Bayview Yards in providing a world class experience to users of the facility for events. The Off-Hours Receptionist and Event Assistant will be engaged by Bayview Yards to provide event and administrative support during events at Bayview Yards during weekday evenings and weekends.
- Greet visitors, staff, and the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Unlock doors for after-hours events and ensure the common area is clear of visitors once the event is finished and doors are locked
- Take clear, concise messages when required
- Greet, assist, and direct all visitors
- Maintain a clean and safe reception area
- Assist with event management projects as assigned by the Events and Administration Manager
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity
- Above average interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Must exhibit a professional and polished manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Previous experience in event coordination is considered an asset
- Degree or diploma, or currently enrolled in, Event Management, Marketing, Hospitality, Office Administration, or a related field is considered an asset
- Bilingualism an asset
- Police Records Check required upon hire
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume in confidence to Bayview Yards and Invest Ottawa by email to [email protected]. Please note that the deadline date for receipt of applications is Friday, June 22nd at 4:00 p.m.
Bayview Yards and Invest Ottawa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Bayview Yards or Invest Ottawa regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Bayview Yards and Invest Ottawa thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.