*Please note that this session has been postponed, new date to be determined*
Designed for non-tech professionals who seek to adopt AI/ML, upskill, collaborate with AI/ML experts, and prepare for a career change.
AI is changing our world.
Artificial Intelligence is being implemented across industries and business functions, creating leaps in efficiencies and new strategic opportunities.
Invest Ottawa is pleased to invite you to our first AI/Machine Learning Fundamentals workshop, designed and delivered in partnership with Vector Institute. As Canada’s leader in AI and machine learning, Vector Institute houses the world’s top AI minds, including “Godfathers of AI” Geoffrey Hinton, and Raquel Urtasun, Canada Research Chair in Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
Who is it for?
Anyone interested in exploring the fundamentals of AI and understanding its relevance across various sectors. Participants do not require a technical background as concepts will be explained in an accessible way.
What to expect?
In this one-day workshop, you will experience a mix of:
- In-class training
- Role playing and experiential exercises
- Interactions with AI subject matter experts
- Coaching during breakout sessions
- Personalized feedback to steer your progress
Lunch will be provided.
What will you learn?
- Overview of the field of AI including an orientation of terms and historical context
- A technical perspective to help you to understand AI and common types of machine learning, including use cases and general machine learning process, as well as benefits for business.
- AI ethics
- Adopting AI for your company
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between various types of AI learning approaches
- Articulate why machine learning is important
- Explain how learning systems support business processes and influence strategy
- Order the steps of a machine learning process
- Compose a high-level business plan that integrates AI into an organization, including identifying predictive solutions that AI can provide; identifying data required; assessing necessary resources to do AI, etc.
How big is the class?
Maximum of 30 participants
About the speaker
Shingai Manjengwa (Twitter: @Tjido) is the Technical Education Specialist at Vector Institute where she creates and adapts artificial intelligence (AI) educational programming to build a responsible and technically proficient workforce of the future. Vector Institute has a mandate to drive excellence and leadership in Canada’s knowledge, creation, and use of artificial intelligence to foster economic growth and improve the lives of Canadians.
Shingai is also the Chief Executive Officer of Fireside Analytics Inc., a Toronto-based ed-tech start-up that develops customized courses in digital literacy, data science, data visualization, and coding, for businesses, governments, high schools and higher educational institutions. Shingai’s courses have over 400,000 registered learners from all over the world on platforms like IBM’s CognitiveClass.ai and Coursera and, she is the author of a children’s book about data. Shingai holds a Master’s in Business Analytics from NYU’s Stern School of Business.