FINANCIAL LITERACY, ENTREPRENEURSHIP & POLITICAL ENGAGEMENT FOR GIRLS GR. 7-9
We’re changing the game for girls. From money and business to politics and social change, we cover the real-life stuff they won’t learn in school. Our unique ambiSHEous™ workshops equip girls with the practical skills, actionable knowledge, and experience-based confidence they need to fuel their future; positively influence their communities; and ultimately reach their goals – whatever they might be!
Girls learn first hand how to turn ideas into action by collaborating to develop and pitch a small business or social venture. By combining financial literacy, entrepreneurship and political engagement, ambiSHEous™ empowers girls’ futures in a meaningful way.
Ambition is welcome. No previous experience or special skills are required.
Sunday, July 15: 6:00-8:00 pm – Icebreaker
Monday, July 16, 2018: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Fuel Your Future: Learn why money matters, how to make it work for you, and what it means to exchange value.
- Building Blocks: Unpack business basics – spot profit – and learn how to build influence and shape positive change.
- Brainstorm: Explore the difference between a bright idea and a good business opportunity.
Tuesday, July 17, 2018: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Study the Money: Discover the tools you need to develop, plan, and pitch your business or social venture.
- Brand Building: Use creativity and marketing smarts to bring your new venture to life visually.
- Launch & Grow: Learn why purpose matters as much as profit, and what it really takes grow.
Healthy snacks & lunch included. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet device. Scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis. To be considered, please contact us.
In addition to ongoing access to workshop materials and our online community, girls who complete the program will also receive a certificate of participation.
Space is limited. Don’t wait. Register today!