Effective performance assessment involves aligning a volunteer’s actions with the strategic objectives of your organization; clarifying expectations; documenting individual performance to support the volunteer’s advancement goals and to clarify communication; and creating focus for skill development. Done well, performance assessment can create a positive and motivating work environment for everyone.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance and benefits of performance evaluation in the volunteer management cycle
- Evaluate various performance management options in order to determine the best “fit” for their organization
- List ways to create a positive and motivating work environment for volunteers
- Use and implement a model to conduct volunteer performance evaluation
- Deliver balanced and constructive feedback to a volunteer
Who should attend?
- Volunteer Coordinators
- Senior managers
- Fundraising personnel
- Program personnel
Atoosa Adnani is the Volunteer Services Coordinator for World Skills Employment Centre, where she is responsible for the overall HR support to an average of 150 volunteers and interns from a diverse range of countries. She has successfully created, planned and implemented an in house volunteer/internship program to provide Internationally trained professionals with meaningful Canadian work experience in a supportive environment which has been running since 2013, with 90% of them obtaining employment during or right after their volunteering.
Volunteer Ottawa would like to thank the Ontario Trillium Foundation for their generous support in creating this workshop.