It’s just expected, much like a phone number or physical address. You won’t be in business long if people don’t have a way to connect with you. In today’s fast paced world a small business website is an expected connecting point between you and your customers. Many small business owners view their business as a total offline entity, pursuing traditional means to promote themselves and win new customers. However, any business (from the largest enterprise to the sole proprietor, or anything in between) being purely offline is a risky strategy to take when your customers are spending more and more of their time online.
This seminar will not only convey the importance of having an online presence, it will give you the understanding of the elements involved in the creation of a website from the planning phase to launch day and beyond. We’ll cover the website planning, types of websites, checklists to decide which type of site you should build and expected costs.
Upon completion of the seminar, you will have a better understanding of:
- Why online branding is important to your business,
- Why planning site structure and content is critical,
- The different types of websites available,
- What you can do yourself and when you should hire a professional,
- How to talk to a Web designer/developer and how to shop for each,
- What is actually involved in the design and development process,
- Domain and hosting information,
- How to market your site and get a leg up on your competition!
Speaker Bio: Sarah Green, Contact: [email protected]
Sarah Green is the owner and president of SiLK Web Solutions. She is also the project manager and web developer behind many successful projects, working in the industry for the past 12 years. Starting with the management of a local high tech website and then eventually branching out to start her own business, she strives to offer clients the service that SiLK is renowned for. Sarah offers her clients many website options and is happy to share her knowledge of website design and development.