Design Thinking for Public Sector Leaders
For the public sector to be truly innovative, a design-led and human-centered approach to innovation must be embedded from the top down. When leaders embrace design thinking and understand their own personal value proposition, change is rapid and has a significant impact on the success and culture of teams. To that end, executive-level buy-in is critical; emphasizing the need for executives to both understand and support design-led innovation.
Build your leadership capacity with the tools to guide your team through change using human-centered methodology that encourages co-creation and a deep understanding of the end-user. By the end of this training, you will understand how to lead your team towards delivering impactful outcomes – whether that’s shaping or improving a program, policy, or service – using data, empathy, rapid prototyping, and iteration.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to build and assess innovation capacity among teams.
- Essential considerations to effectively lead teams delivering on end-user experience, policy development, and/or transformation initiatives.
- Innovative approaches to policy design and service design to better address the needs of citizens and drive public sector innovation.
- Insights on how to prototype and experiment in any environment.
- Your own personal value proposition and creating prototypes of your own future.
Who Should Attend:
Public sector leaders who are leading or participating in policy development, service design/delivery (both internally and externally), transformation, or change management initiatives.
The training session will be held on January 19-20, 2022. Each day, participants will join a 1.5 hour virtual session in the morning and a second 1.5 hours session in the afternoon. This format allows you to weave this training into your day – allowing you to continue to lead your teams, while growing your leadership skills. All while working from home!
- Wednesday, January 19th: 9:00 -11:00 am & 1:00 -2:30 pm
- Thursday, January 20th: 9:00 -11:00 am & 1:00 -2:30 pm
*to register a group of 10 or more please contact [email protected]