Are you called upon to think creatively, innovate or create and launch new initiatives or projects?
Are stakeholders not reacting to your products and programs as you’d hoped?
Design Thinking is a creative mindset and methodology for solving complex problems and building programs and services based on human needs.
If you want to learn and to experience first hand how it is used, join us for this 1-day Design Thinking Fundamentals course.
Did you know: Creativity has been recognized by the World Economic Forum as one of the top three most important skills to have in 2020. (Source: Future of Jobs report)
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals and Managers who manage and improve programs and services.
- Individuals working in client-oriented environments or who face challenges with a large human component
- Individuals who want to add to their innovation arsenal
- People who want to be more creative
Design Thinking is widely used in various sectors such as client services, health care, employee engagement, education, social services, marketing and IT.
In Design Thinking Fundamentals, participants will familiarize themselves with the key stages, mindsets and techniques of Human-Centered Design (Design Thinking).
Participants will leave the workshop equipped and empowered to provide an overview of Design Thinking to their colleagues, to actively identify design challenges in their environment, to apply select Design Thinking techniques in their daily lives, and to participate in a complete design process.
In this workshop, participants will….
- Discuss how design thinking fits into today’s business environment and the difference between divergent and convergent thinking,
- Practice identifying opportunities for design and formulating a design challenge,
- Engage in hands-on exploration of the Inspiration, Ideation and Implementation stages of a design project
- Engage in discussions and personal reflection on the potential challenges and opportunities of integrating design thinking in the work environment
Participants will leave this workshop with:
- The steps of the Design Thinking process
- Design Thinking tools that can immediately be applied
- An understanding of the potential and limitations of applying a Design Thinking approach
- Ideas for where to apply Design Thinking in their lives and workplaces
This workshop will help you…
- Create services your stakeholders and clients actually want
- Increase collaboration among diverse teams – Improve existing services, products and experiences to increase client satisfaction, acquisition and loyalty
- Combine empathy and logic to solve problems in a meaningful, effective and sustainable way
- Adopt a curious and solutions-oriented approach to challenges
- Gain a professional and personal edge with a creative mindset and a proven innovation methodology
- Identify and practice the two main types of creative thinking