Volunteerism does not happen in a vacuum. Volunteer success depends on effort and commitment from everyone in an organization. Senior leadership need to endorse volunteerism as a key success factor; paid staff need to embrace the opportunity to collaborate with unpaid staff; volunteers need to feel excited by the chance to contribute to your organizational mission. Planning for effective staff engagement will set the foundation for success.
After completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how volunteer program planning fits into strategic and operational planning for the organization, and why staff support is key
- Assess internal (organization) and external (community partnership) needs for a volunteer program
- Develop goals and objectives for volunteer services
- Identify factors that lead to successful staff buy-in for a volunteer program
- Determine elements important to a staff-volunteer engagement plan
Who should attend?
- Volunteer Coordinators
- Senior managers
- Fundraising personnel
- Program personnel
Miriam Dupuis has been the Coordinator of Volunteers at the Ottawa Mission for the past six years. Prior to that, she was a Family Service Worker with Family and Children’s Services. In addition, she Chairs the board of OAVR, the association of Ottawa Administrators of Volunteer Resources. Her professional qualifications include a Management of Volunteers Certificate and a BSW in Social Work.