The Global Market Acceleration Fund (GMAF) is designed to increase the production, marketing and sales capacities of globally competitive businesses that build proven technologies and solutions for reducing GHG emissions. The fund helps Ontario businesses expand into provincial, national and global marketplaces. By backing technologies that reduce GHG emissions, the GMAF supports the Climate Change Action Plan.
Types of projects the program will consider include:
- enhancing proven GHG reduction technologies and solutions in order to make them easier to manufacture, meet specific downstream customer requirements or address significant new market applications
- increasing production capacity by building new or expanded production facilities, acquiring new production equipment or substantially improving existing production equipment
- increasing commercialization capacity in order to strengthen channels of distribution and achieve higher provincial, national or global market share
- initiatives to enhance supply chain capacity in support of scaled-up production and commercialization
For more information, please refer to our program and submission guidelines.
If a project is approved, the GMAF provides between $2 million and $5 million in funding, which can cover up to 50% of eligible costs.
For more information, please read our program guidelines.
Who can apply
Applications are welcome from companies and entrepreneurs with:
- proven clean technologies
- solutions that reduce GHG emissions
- demonstrable market demand in Ontario and beyond
The project must:
- be completed in Ontario
- involve scaling-up of production, marketing or sales of a proven technology with the ability to reduce GHG emissions in Ontario by replacing or offsetting a more carbon-intensive technology or directly reducing the emissions of another process or technology (e.g., carbon capture)
- be complete within two years
- be a company incorporated in Ontario or Canada with a permanent establishment in Ontario or a proposal to establish permanent operations in Ontario
- have funding commitments from sources other than the Government of Ontario at the time of business case submission
- be able to scale-up your operations in Ontario
- meet all other eligibility requirements identified in the program guidelines
How to apply
Before you apply, make sure you:
- meet all eligibility requirements
- review the program and submission guidelines
Register to use our online application platform by filling out the eligibility assessment form.
For more information about the submission process, please read the submission guidelines.
If you require assistance with your application, contact us by email at [email protected].