This seminar will provide a broad outline of what you need to know to start importing goods from abroad:
- financial issues (Incoterms, payments, exchange rates, insurance), Canadian import regulations, labelling, quotas,
- permits and licences, logistics costs, the documentation required for smooth customs clearance, how duties and taxes work,
- Free Trade Agreements and their impact, the role of the customs broker and other intermediaries.
Learn the basics as well as the important details impacting your bottom line and avoid mistakes, minimize costs/risks and maximize revenue.
Speaker Bio: Christian Sivière, Solimpex
Following an international freight forwarding career of over 30 years in Europe and in Canada, Christian Sivière started an import-export consultancy in May 2010: Solimpex.
Solimpex is principally active in two areas:
– consulting and coaching to help SME’s grow internationally
– training on international trade – importing and exporting – with focus on supply chain management, logistics, regulations and customs issues.
A CPMT accredited trainer (Québec designation), Christian lectures at College Champlain in Montréal, for the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association in Toronto and gives seminars and webinars for various trade organizations across Canada like the Montréal Chamber of Commerce, the Supply Chain Management Association of Canada, the E.U. Delegation in Canada and similar. He publishes articles in Inside Logistics.