Info Session – Youth Business Incubation Course
incubator13 is all about empowering youth below the age of 30, to get started running and operating their own business. Whether small, medium or big, whether social enterprise of full for profit, we have got you covered.
You can also sign-up directly for the course here.
The purpose of this INCUBATION COURSE is to assist participants to develop first-hand knowledge of the business creation process with a focus on small business and social enterprise projects. The goal for this course is for participants to learn how to solve challenging real-world problems using creativity and teamwork, innovate, employ strong leadership skills, develop financial literacy skills, conduct customer discovery and research, and complete a Lean Model Business Canvas in preparation for writing a detailed business plan. Participants will also learn how to create a website for their selected business and how to register their business in Canada.
- have successfully completed the incubator13 IDEATION WORKSHOP or be able to describe a viable business idea to the program as part of the application.
- be below the age of 30 at program start (we have limited capacity for other age groups – please contact us for more information [email protected] )
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- This is a free course for Youth below the age of 30.
- However, we require you to make an upfront investment of CAD 20 which is 100% reimbursed upon completion. In case you would like to discuss a scholarship opportunity, please contact us [email protected]
About the Facilitator
Rebecca Palmer Chief Catalyst and Founder of Entrelaunch. Rebecca is a serial entrepreneur, international trainer and community builder with a mission to inspire innovation, transform lives and connect communities. A lifelong learner, she stays up to date on new trends, needs and strategies with a focus on global entrepreneurship, strategic shifts and social good. Rebecca also loves to include fun in every aspect of life! Rebecca is involved with Global Entrepreneurship Network and is a past delegate of the G20YEA. She is an active ecosytem builder and an avid supporter of young entrepreneurs. As a mom of 4, Rebecca has mastered work-life integration to provide her own children with an entrepreneurial mindset. Rebecca was selected as a finalist for the 2017 Startup Nations Award for Local Policy Leadership. In addition, she was a founding member of StartUp Canada Barrie community, a delegate to the G20 Young Entrepreneurs Alliance (YEA) in 2014 and a delegate at the Global Entrepreneurial Congress (GEC) in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Rebecca also sits on the Georgian College BENT (Entrepreneurship) Advisory board, The Simcoe Entrepreneurship Ecosystem (SEE) committee and was previously vice-chair of the Barrie Public Library Board.