How to start your journey into the world of Driving Sales through Digital Channels
Although Digital Marketing has only become prominent since the beginning of this decade, the field has existed since the 90s in a limited fashion. The ability to develop Reach through lower-cost and more-focused digital means has led to a fundamental shift in how Advertisers around the world spend their budgets. As the world becomes more and more digital, so does the importance of Digital Marketing…and the smart business person requires a solid knowledge base as to what’s available to them in order to increase their business.
This seminar is to present the very basics of the 5 Big Pillars of Digital Marketing. Our goal is to give you enough knowledge from this Invest Ottawa Seminar so that you feel comfortable enough to dive into this world and execute on your concepts. Whether you obtain enough knowledge to make the right hiring decision on a Digital Marketer or become motivated enough to start learning how to do this on your own, our Seminar will give you the basics to begin.
What we’ll cover;
- A brief history of the Digital Marketing industry
- A breakdown of the Big 5 Pillars of Digital Marketing (Web, Search, Social, Blast and Mobile)
- Overview of the importance of your Website
- Overview of how vital Search is to your business
- Overview of Social, and how it drives Traffic
- Overview of Blast Marketing (Email & SMS)
- Overview of Mobile Marketing
- Combination Scenarios of the 5 Pillars, such as Lead Generation and E-Commerce
- Overview of sub-categories, such as Content Marketing, Influencer Marketing, Paid Digital, E-Books & Authority Marketing, etc.
- An introduction to Analytics…how to measure your progress
Speaker Bio: Jordan St Jacques
Formerly of the Nightlife Group, Jordan was a concert promoter in the USA for 15 years (ending in 2013). The advent of MySpace in 2004 was Jordan’s introduction into the digital world, where he was one of the first people in the world to take a MySpace profile over 1,000,000 Friends. From 2004-2013, Jordan added other such digital skills every year. In 2013, Jordan left the entertainment world and entered the Tech World, and is now a regular Speaker on Digital Marketing (including Social, SEO and Email), WordPress, Mobile Apps and everything in between!