How to start your journey into the world of iPhone & Android Apps!
Since the introduction of the iPhone in 2006, Mobile “Apps” have been the hot topic in the digital world. The App Revolution has been profound indeed, leading to massive increases in digital engagement from people all around the world. This increase in usage from the public has in turn led to many new companies with multi-billion-dollar valuations (think Whatsapp, Instagram, Uber, Snapchat, Tinder etc) as well as legacy technology companies extending their reach (think Google, Facebook, Twitter etc). And, the App Eco-system isn’t just for these “Unicorn” companies…new App products come out on a daily basis that have the potential to catapult ordinary folk into Tech Titans! Unfortunately, the code required to publish a successful App Product is very much a stumbling block for most people. It’s safe to say that there are great ideas out there that never get acted on due to this barrier to entry. This seminar is to present the very basics of the Native Mobile App Development Industry. Our goal is to give you enough knowledge from this Invest Ottawa Seminar so that you feel comfortable enough to dive into this world and execute on your concepts. Whether you obtain enough knowledge to make the right hiring decision on an App Developer or become motivated enough to start learning how to code on your own, our Seminar will give you the basics to begin. What we’ll cover:
- A brief history of the SmartPhone industry. A breakdown of the different App Technologies in use today.
- An industry analysis for User Engagement, Profitability.
- Intro to iOS including xCode, the platform for creating iPhone & iPad Apps.
- Intro to Android and Android Studio, the platform for creating Android Apps.
- Blackberry and Windows Phone…why they don’t matter anymore.
- 3rd-party integrations that will aid in your overall project.
- How to Hire…what to look for, pitfalls to avoid, case studies on how much certain types of projects will cost to have developed.
- Learning Trajectories…how to go about learning how to code on your own.
Speaker Bio: Jordan St Jacques
Our Speaker for this Seminar is Jordan St Jacques. Formerly of the Nightlife Group, Jordan was a concert promoter in the USA for 15 years (ending in 2013). The advent of MySpace in 2004 was Jordan’s introduction into the digital world, where he was one of the first people in the world to take a MySpace profile over 1,000,000 Friends. From 2004-2013, Jordan added other such digital skills every year, including WordPress in 2009. In 2013, Jordan left the entertainment world and entered the Tech World, and is now a regular Speaker on Digital Marketing (including Social, SEO and Email), WordPress and of course Mobile!