Register as a supplier for the Government of Canada
The Government of Canada is committed to creating opportunities for Indigenous businesses to succeed and grow. Procurement Assistance Canada and Indigenous Services Canada would like to invite Indigenous businesses to a CanadaBuys walkthrough, SAP Ariba and Indigenous Business Directory Registration Workshop.
By registering in both systems, you make your company’s name and supply capabilities widely known to federal departments and agencies, who may use these systems to identify sources of supply for the goods and services they buy.
What is SAP Ariba?
Public Services and Procurement Canada uses SAP Ariba, a web-based tool that allows businesses to view and bid on tender opportunities. Registration is free.
What is Indigenous Business Directory?
The Indigenous Business Directory is a database designed to assist and support Indigenous businesses in the pursuit of business opportunities, including federal procurement.
To create a basic profile in Indigenous Business Directory, you need:
• Your business information: business name, business number, address, and contact information
• A short description of your business: one or two paragraphs
• A data provider for your business, and their contact information. This will be Indigenous Services Canada’s point of contact for your business
• Another business contact information if different from the data provider: the owner, or General Manger, or Chief Executive Officer, etc.
• A breakdown of business ownership: Your business must have 51% Indigenous ownership and control to register in the Indigenous Business Directory, for which you will need to provide proof and upload to your profile (Please have your proof scanned and available in pdf or jpeg format in advance. If you do not have proof of eligibility, please email us at [email protected] and we will help you with this step prior to the registration. Your business ownership must equal 100%, so if the Indigenous owner does not own 100% of the business, you must also include other non-Indigenous owners in this step as well.
• Your type of business: The options are band-operated, cooperative, corporation, joint venture, not specified, not-for-profit, partnership, or sole-proprietorship.
• Goods and Services Identification Number (GSIN) and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes: While entering these codes is not a mandatory step to complete your profile ,you will be able to search various industries and enter codes that way. Please give some thought to what industries you wish to ensure your profile includes.
This session will be hosted in English only. For French sessions or for more information, contact Procurement Assistance Canada, National Capital Region, either by telephone at 873-355-9796 or by email at [email protected]. Login information to connect to the webinar will be sent to you a day prior to the event. The Office of Small and Medium Enterprises has changed its name to Procurement Assistance Canada.
Our privacy notice: You agree to allow PAC, Public Services and Procurement Canada to: • Collect and use the information you provide to contact you. • Temporarily store your questionnaire response on Eventbrite, a third-party online questionnaire service.