REBOOT YOUR CAREER: Land Your Perfect Job!
Your Outcome – by the conclusion of this 2-part (8th + 15th July 2021) virtual workshop….
- You will have a measurably stronger value proposition with your initial proof points developed and tested;
- You will have demonstrably improved your ability to clearly communicate the business impact of the results your deliver;
- You will have tested your value proposition multiple times and had the opportunity to incorporate feedback/improvements from others;
- You will have a clear next-steps action-plan and access to all the resources you need to finalize your career re-invention and be actively pursuing much higher value roles and projects.
Before the workshop, participants will receive:
- full PDF of career manual (Re)Boot Your Career;
- email containing various exercises that will be completed by them prior to, or during workshop;
- Zoom link instructions and agenda, timetable for the workshop.
Prior to joining the workshop, participants will be expected to:
- complete a short assessment survey requiring 15 minutes or less;
- email your current resume to facilitator for review prior to workshop;
- block out the two 3-hour timeslots for our workshop so you can participate without distractions via Zoom/internet.
Here’s what we cover in REBOOT YOUR CAREER & our virtual workshop…
The Inside Job — Building Your Foundation: You’ll start to develop a deeper understanding of what you are truly gifted at doing and your own internal motivations for doing it. We’re all wired differently; you’ll clarify your own wiring and develop an accurate inventory of who you are and what you care about. Your own sweet-spot lies at the intersection of your personal wiring, your interests, values and beliefs, and your work and life experiences. Through a systematic probing of this intersection you will hone in on your “superpower” and develop specific language that best expresses your attributes, capabilities and work personality. In turn, this builds your clarity and confidence, setting you up for creating a truly powerful value proposition and associated story to share with the world.
Developing a Personal Brand — Your Compelling Value Story: Once you’re comfortable with the “who you are” part, what comes next? Quite simply, you need to tell your audience “how you add value”, and you need to be specific, compelling, confident and consistent. Where do you tell this story? You tell it everywhere — this includes your CV, your LinkedIn profile, social media activities, and your visual and verbal presentation cues. While a straightforward step, it involves a lot of work to get the story crisp and compelling. One place you need to stand out is on LinkedIn; it is where everyone – recruiters, employers, employees and job seekers — come together. LinkedIn is your online starting point; there are many other “social media” steps you can take which build off of your story, CV, and your LinkedIn positioning.
The Outside Job — Modern Networking and Job Hunting Skills: Disciplined networking is all about your willingness and ability to “put yourself out there” on a regular basis — through networking events, seeking information meetings, conducting associated research, and the like. You will learn the science behind effective networking, and practice connecting to people in both our online and offline worlds. We often think that networking is just “Type A Personality” activity, however as you learn the science behind it, you can get a much needed edge – empowering you to grow your network dramatically and develop your own powerful opportunity pipeline. You will learn these principles through self and group instruction, and you’ll build confidence through multiple real-time fast paced speed networking activities.