Womxn Angel Investor Breakfast – An International Womxn’s Week Event hosted by the Capital Angel Network and Invest Ottawa on March 3rd.
Generously sponsored by Tease Tea. Their sponsorship includes a tasting station for you to experience.
Calling All Veteran, New and Aspiring Angel Investors – Join Us to Explore the Opportunity, Benefits and Impact of Angel Investing at the Womxn Angel Investor Breakfast
Are you intrigued by the idea of angel investing? Interested in engaging with experienced founders? Would you appreciate the opportunity to hear directly from investment leaders?
The Capital Angel Network and Invest Ottawa are hosting this event for current and aspiring women angel investors, supporters and promoters as part of International Womxn’s Week in Ottawa.
According to Crunchbase’s 2019 Diversity Report, only 3% of venture capital went to companies led by a female founder. Moreover, it predicts that the total venture funding for founding teams that include a women is likely to fall below 2018 levels.
How do we move the dial on this? We need more women on the other side of the table making investment decisions. According to All In: Women in the VC Ecosystem 2019 by Pitchbook and All Raise, they are twice as likely to invest in female founders as their male counterparts. Today, only 12% of American VC decision makers are women. However, 69.2% of the top-performing funds have female General Partners as reported by Forbes.
We aim to:
• Consistently increase the number of women angel investors in Canada’s Capital and inspire similar action across the country and around the world; and
• Create new and impactful opportunities for experienced female funders and founders to encourage and support aspiring and early-stage women entrepreneurs.
Help us achieve these goals, and drive positive change. Join us for breakfast on March 3 to:
• Learn the basics of angel investing;
• Hear from existing women angels in Ottawa;
• Network with fellow like-minded women in our community, and
• Learn about some of the top women-founded companies in the city.
We look forward to making a special announcement, and welcoming an esteemed panel of Ottawa angel investors and founders moderated by Jennifer Francis, Chair of the Capital Angel Network. This inspiring group includes:
• Ashleigh Kennedy, Founder, Neurovine Inc.
• Neha Khera, Partner at 500 Startups
• Ella Mar, P2Peak Consulting, Principal
• Nadine Martel, Investor, Advisor and Consultant
Light refreshments will be served. There is no cost to attend but seating is very limited. Register today!
Transit: Bayview Yards is located 600 metres away from the Bayview Station LRT stop, which serves multiple routes as well is the O-Train stop.
Driving: There are 50 spaces along Bayview Station Road offering two-hour free parking, and 27 spaces along Stonehurst and Burnside offering one hour of free parking.
Bayview Yards also offers on-site parking in a paid gravel lot. Using Honk Mobile, you can pay for parking with your mobile device or laptop. To take advantage of this app:
• Visit Honk Mobile or download the app on GooglePlay or the App Store
• Register for an account and add your license plate and payment method
• Search for parking zone “9411” or “7 Bayview Station Road
• Select the amount of time you would like to stay for
Our paid-lot hours are Monday – Friday from 7AM – 5PM. After hours this lot is free.
We are also pleased to offer water filling stations at our innovation hub, and encourage you to bring along your reusable water bottle.
o Special Accommodations – if you require special assistance or have questions about our facility, please contact Lisa Hewston at [email protected]
o By attending this event, you grant Invest Ottawa the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
o By registering for this event, you accept that you will receive event related emails, as well as an invitation to subscribe to our mailing list.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bayview Yards on Tuesday, March 3 for our Womxn Angel Investor Breakfast! Register today!
To learn more about:
• The Capital Angel Network, please visit: https://www.capitalangels.ca/
• Invest Ottawa, please visit: investottawa.ca
• IWW 2020, please visit: https://investottawa.ca/IWW/
Keep up to date with what’s to come during IWW by following #wemeanbusiness.