About this Event
Though only 18% of C-level positions in the artificial intelligence/machine learning space are filled by women, that does not take into account all the influential women building products/companies centered around AI. According to some studies, only 13.5% of the machine learning field and fewer than 10% in AI are women, and while it’s important to acknowledge the gender gap, one must also acknowledge the many chief scientists and researchers making great strides in machine learning and AI.
Acknowledgement and exposure of women who do ground-breaking work in AI across industry and academia increase the chance of building a more diverse and inclusive AI workforce and therefore a better future for humankind.
At this panel, by celebrating women working within the AI industry with detailing how their work is fueling growth and innovation, we hope to inspire more women to join the field.
This panel will provide inspiration and actionable insight with a focus on opportunities for women scientists to become part of the flourishing AI field by addressing key topics such as:
- Application of AI in different industries and how women scientists with STEM background play a role as innovation catalysts in AI technologies,
- Building AI products that shape our future without baked-in bias,
- Empowering current and future generations of women to entre AI field to drive gender equality and economic impact,
- Women entrepreneurs and AI
- Community support for women in AI
Our panellists will offer inspiration and insight on opportunities, challenges, actions, strategies, lessons learned, and recommendations for the audience: