If you’re a tech employer finding it difficult to fill key positions at your company – you’re not alone. In Ottawa and around the world, tech firms are struggling to fill important positions – usually due to a shortage of local talent.
Join us July 27th for an in-person session at Bayview Yards aimed at providing a framework and practical next steps employers can follow to hire internationally for hard to fill developer and programmer tech roles.
If you’re unable to attend in-person – but you’re interested in this content and learning more about pathways to hiring internationally for in demand roles such as Software Developers, Data Scientists, Cyber Security Analysts and more – provide information through the form at the following link and our team will reach out: bit.ly/3NXOFwl
This in-person session will cover the expedited streams such as the Global Skills Strategy (GSS) and Global Talent Stream (GTS) and highlight available pathways and processes you can follow to bring international tech talent to Canada to fill your open tech positions quickly.
The expert panel for this session will include:
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- EY Law LLP
- 3.00 pm – Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 3.10 pm – Introduction to GSS
- 3.25 pm – Introduction to GTS
- 3.40 pm – The ‘How’ behind GTS – Steps to successfully recruit international talent
- 4.00 pm – Q&A
- 4.15 pm – IO Talent Program & International Recruiting
- 4.30 pm – Networking & Tea
As this session will be offered in-person at Bayview Yards at a limited capacity, sign up early to secure a spot.
Questions about this event? Email the Invest Ottawa Talent Team at: [email protected].