The official International Women’s Week launch event hosted by Invest Ottawa & Bayview Yards, in partnership with L-SPARK.
Fierce. Fearless. Focused.
Join us on February 28 at 1:00 pm EST as we launch International Women’s Week with The “F” Factor: Fueling Women Founders.
Reserve Your Free Ticket Today!
There’s no playbook for launching and growing a company during a global pandemic. Our roster of all-star local, national and international entrepreneurs might just be writing the first chapter. And it is available to you exclusively at The “F” Factor.
Get ready for frank discussion on the ‘F’ words that impact women tech entrepreneurs and business leaders from every walk of life who are fighting through the pandemic, demonstrating fierce resilience, and scaling firms in the pandemic era.
From fundraising and fearlessness to pivoting fast, finding fellowship and fighting burnout, these leaders are ready to share honest insight, experiences and lessons learned. This authentic insight includes stories of epic fails and rebounds, redefining the future, and charting a winding path to success in unprecedented times. It’s all about founders helping founders.
If you are aspiring, pivoting or scaling, there is only one place to be on February 28, 2022 – with leading founders and executives on our ‘hybrid’ IWW stage.
That’s right, pending pandemic protocols, we look forward to hosting a lottery for an approved number of live seats at Bayview Yards, Ottawa’s innovation hub! Your health and safety are our top priority. We’ll be ready with full vaccination checks, masks and sanitizer galore.
And of course you can catch all the action and interact with our community virtually via our Hopin Event Platform. No matter where you are, this event is not to be missed!
Our agenda includes:
Networking session with fellow attendees and speakers; allies and women leaders.
Welcome from Co-MCs:
- Shavonne Hasfal-McIntosh, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Wealthsimple and Chair of the Women Founders and Owners Sub-Committee, Invest Ottawa
- Sonya Shorey, Vice President, Strategy, Marketing and Communications, Invest Ottawa
- Stef Reid, Director of Marketing, L-SPARK
Opening Presentation: Our Journey – Progress and outcomes achieved to date against the Women Founders and Owners Business Strategy established by Invest Ottawa:
- Susan Richards, Founder and Managing Partner, numbercrunch inc.; Co-Chair of Invest Ottawa
- Michael Tremblay, President and CEO, Invest Ottawa
- Jennifer Francis, Chair of the Capital Angel Network; Investor; Co-Founder of SheBoot; and Director of the Board, Invest Ottawa
- Julia Elvidge, Director of the Capital Angel Network; Investor; Advisor; Co-Founder of SheBoot
Keynote Fireside Chat: Special Guest to be Announced!
- Moderator: Rosey Edeh, 3 x Olympian; former CNN and MSNBC Reporter; current CTV Morning Live Anchor; and CEO, Micha Muse Media
F-Factor ScaleUp Panel Discussion
- Moderator: Lise Beutel, Director, ScaleUp Program, Invest Ottawa
- Keira Torrko, Chief People Officer, Assent Compliance
- Erin Kelly, Co-Founder, President and CEO of Advanced Symbolics Inc (ASI)
- Additional panellists to be announced!
Keynote Fireside Chat: Sarah Lacy
Sarah Lacy is the founder and CEO of Chairman Mom. She also founded Pando.com on maternity leave in 2011 and built it into a profitable investigative journalism company. She’s been a journalist for nearly 20 years, known for her fearless, outspoken reporting. She’s been profiled in publications as varied as the New York Times and San Francisco Magazine. She is a sought after speaker, and guest on national TV and radio. Perhaps you remember her from this article in Time Magazine about her courageous and public battle with Uber.
Her newest book, “A Uterus Is a Feature Not a Bug: The Working Woman’s Guide to Overthrowing the Patriarchy” (HarperBusiness) is part memoir, part manifesto on the power of working mothers.
Sarah is an unapologetic feminist, mother, and supporter of women.
Year after year, this event promises to be one that can’t be missed. So register now to reserve your *free* ticket.
Special Note: By registering for this event, you accept that you will receive event-related emails, as well as an invitation to subscribe to our mailing list.
Your Health and Safety is Our Top Priority: Invest Ottawa, Bayview Yards and our partners are committed to taking all steps required to preserve the health and safety of our employees, licensees, guests, and community. This is our top priority.
We continue to combat the challenges presented by the COVID-19 by following the province-wide protocols and guidelines and working closely in collaboration with Ottawa Public Health.
Although we aim to host the The”F” Factor: Fueling Women Founders as a hybrid event with a safe, limited number of participants onsite at Bayview Yards, this may change as the situation unfolds. We will keep all participants apprised of developments in the weeks ahead.