Calling all women main street business founders, owners, leaders and employees:
Join Invest Ottawa, the Ottawa Coalition of Business Improvement Areas (OCOBIA), and the Ottawa Board of Trade for this free hybrid event. We will come together with dozens of mentors and our community to:
- Provide women mainstreet business leaders from every walk of life with customized, actionable insight and recommendations they can put to work during these unprecedented times
- Inspire, connect and equip women founders, owners and employees (spanning retail, hospitality, food services and restaurants, services, trades and related industries) with access to resources and relevant, on-the-spot mentorship at no cost to them
- Leverage and harness the power of our collective expertise, resources and initiatives to help women mainstreet leaders invest in themselves, build confidence and resilience, and find caring community
Reserve Your Free Ticket Today!
This interactive and dynamic hybrid event will bring together mentors and main street business leaders in two safe, managed ways:
- In-person at Bayview Yards; and
- Virtually on our Hopin event platform.
• 12:30 PM: Opening remarks and welcome from Michelle Groulx, Executive Director, OCOBIA; Sonya Shorey, Vice President, Strategy, Marketing and Communications, Invest Ottawa; and Sueling Ching, President and CEO, OBOT, and a special Land Acknowledgement by Rita Alma, DE&I Strategist, Invest Ottawa
- Sara Roach-Lewis has decades of experience as a feminist business strategist.
- By teaching strategies that ambitious women need to claim their confidence, scale their businesses, and increase their revenues, Sara has helped many women founders and owners create new pathways for success.
- This address will provide tactical, practical ways to address and overcome key personal, professional and business challenges; invest in yourself, and employ novel approaches to self-care and mental health.
- Watch this space: We are excited to unveil our speakers!
•2:05PM: Networking Break
•2:20 PM: Expert-led Mentorship Breakout Sessions
- Join mentors, fellow business founders, owners and employees in virtual and in-person expert-led roundtable discussions on key topics, challenges, needs, and opportunities that matter to you right now
- Participate in dynamic themed and sector-specific dialogue in small groups at Bayview Yards and/or online via our Hopin platform
- Get answers to your burning questions, and receive targeted, direct advice and actionable insight you can put to work in your business today
- Connect with peers and experts that will create trusted circles of care and networks of support
Our experts will address:
- Mental health, resilience and well-being
- Personal branding and how to sell yourself as an employer
- Entrepreneurship fundamentals and strategies
- Talent management, staffing, recruitment and retention
- Procurement and supply chain management
- PR, content strategy, corporate and crisis communications
- Sales, marketing and business development
- Digital and omnichannel marketing
- Legal support
- Financial support: Exploration of grants and funding available to mainstreet businesses
•4:25PM: Concluding remarks
•4:30PM: Event concludes
Register now to reserve your *free* ticket. We look forward to collaborating with you! #IWW2022 #WeMeanBusiness
Special Note: By registering for this event, you accept that you will receive event-related emails, as well as an invitation to subscribe to our mailing list.
Your Health and Safety is Our Top Priority: Invest Ottawa, Bayview Yards and our partners are committed to taking all steps required to preserve the health and safety of our employees, licensees, guests, and community. This is our top priority.
We look forward to welcoming an approved number of participants in-person at Bayview Yards. We are hosting a lottery for onsite tickets! Please be sure to indicate your interest in joining us in person by checking the box when you register for this event on Eventbrite!
If your ticket is chosen and you choose to join us in person, we look forward to greeting you and our event precautions will remain in place as the Ontario Government cautiously and gradually eases on public health measures.