This course is uniquely developed to teach participants design thinking tools and methodologies, including the five (5) phases of design thinking. Throughout the course, participants will be guided through each phase and various methods that can be applied to their work within the public sector.
This course will discuss how to apply design thinking, tools and methods for work with clients and other stakeholders. Various case studies identifying solid design thinking approaches will be reviewed to ensure a deep understanding among participants.
Through this certification program you will:
- LEARN how to solve complex problems using a collaborative and user-centric approach.
- APPLY the 5 phases of Design Thinking to real world problems.
- BUILD your Design Thinking Toolkit and awaken your capacity to innovate.
- EXPLORE the principles and methodologies of Design Thinking.
- GROW YOUR NETWORK and build new relationships with like-minded Design Thinkers with whom you share learning and progress throughout the course.
- Solve real world problems, while building your resume
Throughout the course you will apply your Design Thinking training through interactive classroom activities and within your own workplace, under guidance of professional Design Thinkers. The course was designed to ensure the momentum and learning continues during the course and beyond!
The course will take place over two months, allowing you to apply Design Thinking methodology to your work and come back to class with any questions.
Following the successful completion of the course you will be required to showcase your work to prove you have applied all five of the Design Thinking phases within your work environment. Upon completion of the course, and submission of the application of knowledge, you will be awarded the Spring2 Innovation Professional Design Thinking Certification.