Presented by Invest Ottawa sponsor,
You’ve put in the work and taken the risk to start a business. Now that you’re succeeding, you deserve to have your business success translate into personal reward. This lecture deals with personal legal matters for business owners.
In this session, participants will learn:
- How to get money out of a corporation
- Tips for using your business structure effectively
- How to protect and leverage your business during personal transitions such as marriage, divorce, birth of children and retirement
- How to pass your business on to your successors
- How to deal with a business on death
Alaina Spec is a member of the Business Law and Estate Groups. Her practice areas include a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including incorporations, corporate re-organizations, and professional corporations. She also practices extensively in estate planning and estate administration services. Alaina’s clients appreciate her broad base of experience and her familiarity with business and personal realities, which allow her to deliver timely, quality representation in the areas they require.
Alaina earned her LL.M. in Tax Law from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2013, and completed the Chartered Professional Accountants Canada In-Depth Tax Course in 2017.