Kathlene Evanski Portfolio Manager with BMO Private Wealth and uOttawa Kanata North in partnership with uOttawa’s Entrepreneurship Hub and the Women’s Business Network are hosting this event for new and aspiring womxn entrepreneurs as part of 2021 International Womxn’s Week in Ottawa.
Womxn entrepreneurs face many obstacles launching and operating their businesses. Navigating the right path to their success is a road paved with hard work, sacrifices, and biases.
Access to funding, balancing responsibilities, and connecting with the right people and support systems are some of the major challenges womxn entrepreneurs face.
So how can we better support and drive positive change for our new and aspiring womxn entrepreneurs? Join us on March 8 for a dynamic panel discussion that addresses the ABCs of entrepreneurship.
4:00 p.m. – Welcome from Kathlene Evanski, Portfolio Manager, BMO Private Wealth and Veronica Farmer, Director Partnerships and Commercialization, uOttawa Kanata North
4:05 p.m. – Panel Introductions and moderated discussion by Kathlene Evanski and Veronica Farmer
- Katherine Scarlett, Head, National Operations, Canadian Personal Banking Distribution at BMO Financial Group
- Kathleen Kemp, Manager, Entrepreneurship Hub, uOttawa
- Julia Elvidge, SheBoot Co-Founder, High Tech Advisor and Angel Investor, Member of the Capital Angel Network Board, Past President and co-founder Chipworks
- Anna Bélanger, CEO, Anna Bélanger & Associates
- Vanessa Griffiths, Co-founder and CMO, Gift Better Co.
4:35 p.m. – Audience Q&A
4:50 p.m. – Closing Remarks
We look forward to celebrating a sponsorship from Kathlene Evanski, BMO Private Wealth to the Entrepreneurship Hub. This wonderful contribution will help support new and aspiring womxn entrepreneurs from the University of Ottawa.
Many thanks to the Women’s Business Network for their kind contribution of complimentary memberships to be shared with our uOttawa young womxn entrepreneurs.