Whether you are currently on a Board of Directors with a not for profit or charitable organization or you’re seeking a position on a Board, this is the one “must-take workshop” for ensuring effective leadership and accountability. Effective governance is a crucial element of an organization’s success.
During this full-day workshop, with practical applications and discussion we will:
- Explore governance, board structures and the roles of board members and staff
- Examine the primary areas of board responsibility
- Discuss risk management and how to minimize organizational and personal risk
- Identify tips and tools to work effectively as a Board
Who Should Attend
- Board members and anyone thinking of joining a Board
- Past members of a Board of Directors and who want to explore the experience in a structured way
- Organization staff, e.g. Volunteer Resource Managers or EDs, who recruit Board members
Claudia von Zweck, the corporate secretary on the Volunteer Ottawa Board of Directors, is an occupational therapist in private practice in Ottawa. She has diverse governance experience with not-for-profit organizations as a senior executive as well as through volunteer roles with a number of community agencies. In addition to joining the VO Board in 2014, Claudia currently serves as the project lead for several initiatives of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
Claudia holds a Master’s of Science degree in Epidemiology and Doctorate in Rehabilitation Science from Queen’s University. She teaches in the Masters of Rehabilitation Science Program with the University of British Columbia and holds appointments as a Clinical Assistant Professor with both McMaster University and the University of British Columbia.