Have a live website up and running within 7 days with WordPress!
No matter what industry you’re conducting business in, your digital footprint is everything. And, it all starts with your website as the core of a well-rounded digital presence. The direction you take with your site affects everything from User Experience, SEO, Social Integration, E-Commerce Sales and much more. Clearly, the path you take with respect to your site will have a profound effect on your business.
This seminar is to present the WordPresss CMS Framework as an option for your new website. Currently, WordPress is by far the most used CMS on the planet, and powers somewhere between 25%-40% of the worlds websites (depending on what study you put stock on). For certain, WordPress is a leading solution that will allow non-technical Users the ability to control some or all of their own destiny with respect to the website. At the very least, you’ll come out of this course with the ability to oversee others properly when bringing on people to help you with the task of putting up your website. Whether you are looking to hire or rather start the journey of becoming a WordPress aficionado yourself, this Invest Ottawa Seminar is a great springboard that will put you on the right path!
What we’ll cover:
- A brief history of the CMS Wars between Joomla, Drupal and WordPress, and how WordPress won.
- Hosting – where to host WordPress, and why your choice of Host is so important to your overall digital footprint.
- Installing the WordPress framework, either through a one-touch application or through a manual Command-Line process.
- Choosing a Theme; where to buy, what to look for in an Author, how to make a proper choice.
- Plugins; how to extend WordPress greatly through the power of Plugins, and put forth a world-class solution.
- Woo-Commerce – the WordPress plugin that enables E-Commerce on your site.
- WordPress Child Themes, the best method for customizing your Theme.
- WordPress Multi-Site – run multiple instances of WordPress off the same database.
- Trouble-Shooting…what to do when you encounter the White Screen Of Death.
- How to Hire a WordPress Developer properly, what to look for, what to avoid.
Speaker Bio: Jordan St Jacques
Our Speaker for this Seminar is Jordan St Jacques. Formerly of the Nightlife Group, Jordan was a concert promoter in the USA for 15 years (ending in 2013). The advent of MySpace in 2004 was Jordan’s introduction into the digital world, where he was one of the first people in the world to take a MySpace profile over 1,000,000 Friends. From 2004-2013, Jordan added other such digital skills every year, including WordPress in 2009. In 2013, Jordan left the entertainment world and entered the Tech World, and is now a regular Speaker on both Digital Marketing (including Social, SEO and Email) and of course WordPress!