May is Asian Heritage Month – inclusive of all cultural groups of Asian and Pacific Islander heritage.
This virtual event will give visibility to Asian entrepreneurship, bringing together a diversity of Asian leaders and business people to exchange ideas for recovery and growth, and build support and allyship with the broader Ottawa community.
- Drive traffic and customers to Chinatown and other Asian businesses
- Amplify underrepresented Asian voices and their business needs
- Create a safe space to build morale and mutual support for Asian business owners; including in the context of Asian businesses and entrepreneurs being hard hit during COVID and the rise in anti-Asian violence
- Develop meaningful relationships with small-medium enterprises in the Asian community
- Anna-Karina Tabuñar, Head of Strategy & Communications, Founder Talent Untapped Group
- Judy Trinh, CBC Reporter
- Yi Chang, Co-owner of Artflow Gallery
- Gagandeep Virk, Owner of Mehfil Cuisine
- Grace Xin, Executive Director of Chinatown BIA
- Daniel Thiruganaratnapathy, Manager of Business Markets at RBC