March 8 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Presented by Invest Ottawa partner, Logan Katz LLP
About this workshop:
A corporation is a legal entity and is therefore taxed separately from its owners. To discover whether you could benefit from incorporating your business or if you are curious about your existing structure, join us for our free webinar. This course will be of interest to those owners who are contemplating on incorporating or have an existing incorporated business. During this interactive 2-hour workshop, we will:
- go over the reasons to incorporate and points to consider
- compare the personal tax rates and corporate tax rates
- discuss the relationship of the individual to their corporation – salary vs. dividends, taxable benefits
- comment on different types of corporate structures and how each structure may be applicable to you which may include holding companies and family trusts as shareholders
- show how the corporation be used for tax planning purposes using the small business deduction and capital gain exemption
About Logan Katz LLP:
Logan Katz LLP is an established firm of Chartered Professional Accountants. In business since 1994, we are a team of forty-five enthusiastic and energetic professionals and administrative staff offering proactive, leading-edge expertise in a timely and responsive manner. We are trusted advisors to individuals, businesses, and not-for-profit organizations.
As a full service, boutique firm, we offer uncompromising high standards of client care and personalized service in the areas of personal, corporate, Canadian, U.S. and cross-border taxation, assurance, accounting, financial reporting, and business advisory, with specializations in advanced tax planning, corporate restructuring, commodity taxes, and inbound investment.
We grow with our clients, supporting their needs both nationally and internationally through our affiliation with AGN International. Our span is global, but we like to call Ottawa home. We are active contributors to the well-being of our local community through our fundraising, sponsorship, and volunteering efforts.