Program Financial Analyst
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Program Financial Analyst will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions as well as supporting all Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards projects.
- Leads all project reconciliations on monthly basis
- Responsible in part for end of month closing procedures related to project expense and revenue tracking (accruals, allocations, and deferred revenue);
- Provide input on project budgets, especially allocation of employee salary expenses to projects
- Interact with employees and contractors regarding their claims/invoices;
- Assists external program auditors at year end as needed
- Acts as liaison and primary contact with Invest Ottawa’s partners of projects
- Manages financial reporting schedule on finances and collection follow up
- Contribute to draft budgets for inclusion in project proposals
- Leads all monthly project reconciliations
- Prepares project claims for various projects and periods
- Monitors actuals and forecasts against project budgets and agreements
- Participate in project meetings with the program delivery team
- Thorough understanding of the various contribution agreements and expense eligibility
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration or related field
- Accounting designation (CPA or a candidate)
- 3-5 years of experience in an accounting function
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles including accounting controls
- Solid understanding of project and fund accounting in a non-for-profit setting
- Comfortable with new technologies: ability to learn new accounting and CRM applications quickly
- Strong service orientation, interpersonal and communication skills: ability to build trust quickly with stakeholders (internal and external)
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow requirement of funding agreements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong math skills are required to complete day-to-day tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- English oral, reading, writing; French oral, reading, and writing is considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward their resume in confidence to Invest Ottawa by email to [email protected].
Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Invest Ottawa or Bayview Yards regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.