Invest Ottawa IP Assist Program
With a competitive landscape where tech firms compete to get market share, the role of IP is becoming an increasingly important factor of success. Get ahead of the game and ensure you know the threats and opportunities of IP. The IO IP Assist Program will help you assess your IP needs and recommend next steps in your IP journey.
Get started with IP Assist →
IP Education & Awareness
The program is structured into two steps specifically for tech firms:
- IP Education & Awareness: Access a 2-hour free consultation to better understand IP and how your innovations can be transformed into assets. You can choose to work with our internal IP Advisor, Jaipreet Bindra, your own IP Expert or choose from our IP Expert Referral List.
IP Landscape Brief
- IP Landscape Brief: Receive services (valued up to $10K) towards the development of an IP Landscape Brief that supports your business goals. An IP Landscape Brief* will analyze your company’s innovation and reveal business, scientific, or technological trends with a focus on a single geographic region, industry, or technology at a point of time. A $250 administration fee upon approval of the Landscape Brief.
*Landscape Briefs do not provide a legal opinion.
In addition, access an additional 3-hours of free consultation with Invest Ottawa’s IP Advisor, Jaipreet Bindra, to address any concerns or opportunities regarding your IP.
Am I eligible to apply?
You can apply if:
- Your company is an IRAP eligible innovative tech company.
- Your company has 500 or fewer full-time employees.
- Your company is an incorporated, profit-oriented small or medium-sized business in Eastern Ontario.
Apply Now →
How IP can make an impact:
Protect your brand. Include your
company’s trademarks in your
A unique IP can be a strong advantage
for differentiating products from competition
as it makes it harder for competitors to
copy their products.
Confidentiality and IP ownership
agreements with employees so the
company owns the IP they developed.
The expenses for IP can be accrued.
Patents can be licensed to other
companies and can generate additional
revenue. Patents can also increase
the value of an exit.
Ownership of IP property can represent
a plus for an investor.
Are you an IP Professional?
Join our IP Referral Network
More Venture Path Programs
Be a part of an enterprising Community.
Learn More →
The fast track to success – for companies that are ready.
Learn More →
Tip the balance in your favour.
Learn More →
Thanks to our sponsors
Proud Premier Sponsor of Invest Ottawa