Feb 28 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Note: This event page is for the virtual option of our hybrid model. Click here to go to the in-person event page.
About the workshop
This webinar will give you an overall view of what you need to know to export goods abroad:
- financial issues (Incoterms, payments, exchange rates, insurance),
- Canadian export regulations,
- declarations and permits,
- logistics costs,
- Free Trade Agreements and their impact,
- regional differences (USA, Europe, Latin America, Asia),
- shipping to trade shows,
The roles and responsibilities of the:
- the importer,
- the carrier,
- the freight forwarder,
- the customs broker, and
- other intermediaries.
Learn the basics as well as the important details that will impact your bottom line and avoid mistakes, minimize costs/risks and maximize revenue.
Speaker Bio: Christian Sivière, Solimpex
Following +30-year in international logistics, Christian Sivière started a Montréal-based import-export consultancy in 2010, Solimpex, active in two areas:
- consulting to help SMEs grow internationally; and
- training on the regulatory, customs and logistics aspects of International Trade, Free Trade Agreements and Supply Chain Optimization.
Christian lectures for the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association, gives seminars and webinars for various trade organizations like the Montréal Chamber of Commerce, Invest Ottawa, Impact Hub, Supply Chain Canada; and personalized training for importers and exporters. He publishes articles in two Canadian publications: Inside Logistics and Supply Professional.
We will have a surprise guest from the Canadian Chamber of Commerce who will present some tools available to exporters.