Installations d’essai d’Ottawa L5
Faites passer votre technologie de VCA à la vitesse supérieure
INTRODUCING OTTAWA L5, THE FIRST INTEGRATED CAV TEST ENVIRONMENT OF ITS KIND IN NORTH AMERICA
Connected and autonomous vehicles (CAVs) are poised to revolutionize not only transportation but the way people live and work throughout the world. As technology, auto and transportation leaders around the world continue to evolve for a CAV-driven future, the testing and validation of CAV technologies is critical to ensuring the safe implementation of CAV innovations.
The Ottawa L5 test facilities offers world-class integrated testing grounds for the safe implementation of CAVs. On site, vehicle-to-everything (V2X) testing, validation and demonstration of technologies are enabled on both public and private test tracks, in Ottawa’s true four-season climate. The Ottawa L5 testing facilities are equipped with GPS (RTK), dedicated short range communications (DSRC), Wi-Fi, 4G/LTE and 5G telecommunications and networking infrastructure, making it the first integrated CAV test environment of its kind in North America.
PRIVATE CAV TEST TRACK
Ottawa L5 private test facility, located on the National Capital Commission (NCC) Research Farm, is an 1,866 acre, completely fenced and gated private facility. The largest secure test facility for CAVs in Canada, the facility is equipped to be a proving ground for the safe and rapid pre-commercial development and advancement of CAV technologies.
CAV private test track
A flyover of the NCC Greenbelt Research Farm, where the Ottawa L5 CAV Private Test Track is located.
- Secure/fenced/gated 1,866-acre plot of land
- Smart traffic intersections
- 16 KM of paved road
- Pedestrian cross walk
- One-way traffic lane
- Bike lanes
- Left turn lane
- Stop signs
- Parking lot
- Street lights
- Speed bump
- High definition cameras
- Sensors for temperature, humidity, barometer, pressure, wind, motion, acoustics
- Road pavement temperature for icy conditions
- Private cellular network provisioned for the entire site
- Leading communications infrastructure: DSRC, GPS-RTK, LTE/4G, Wi-Fi and 5G
- HD map (Baidu Apollo) of the entire site
PUBLIC CAV TEST TRACK
Ottawa L5 public test facility, located in Kanata North Technology Park, the largest technology park in Canada, provides the CAV test environment on public roads and with live city infrastructure.
BlackBerry QNX AV demonstration
BlackBerry QNX AV demonstration on the Ottawa L5 CAV Public Test Track, October 2017.
- 9 KM of paved public roads
- 5 traffic lights enabled with DSRC
- GPS-RTK, 4G-LTE and 5G for V2I, V2V, V2P and V2N
- 9 Pedestrian cross walks
- 5 Cameras and sensors suite
SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR CAV TEST CHALLENGES
Challenge: AV/CV operations in inclement weather
Solution: Ottawa, with its distinct four seasons, provides particularly ideal inclement weather conditions, such as snow, ice, fog and high winds, for CAVs to be tested in.
Challenge: Detection of cybersecurity threats
Solution: Ottawa L5 network infrastructure promotes a multi-layered approach to identifying and analyzing cybersecurity threats to CAVs through a multi-level and controlled test environment.
Challenge: Interoperability, data collection and analytics
Solution: Ottawa L5’s platform collects data from their sources (sensors, cars, cameras, etc.) and makes proprietary tools available for data analytics in real time for a plethora of use cases. The L5’s platform facilitates interoperability between different applications and data silos by adopting standardized interfaces and communication protocols.
Solution: Ottawa L5 facilities offer V2X connectivity for the validation of a variety of communication use cases, including Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (city) (V2I), and Vehicle-to-Network (V2N). The L5 test facilities also provide accurate and precise location information via GPS technology and sensors, thereby facilitating safe path maneuver testing for hidden objects.
CAV TESTING CAPABILITIES
The Ottawa L5’s state-of-the-art and multi-tier test environment is capable of validating a wide range use cases throughout the continuum of AV/CV technology development.
Our offerings include:
- Conceptual and feasibility testing
- Component and integration testing
- Controlled system testing
- Controlled public road testing
- Real public road environment
- Autonomous trucks
- Shared autonomous shuttles
- CAVs for personal use
- “Smart city” applications (e.g. intelligent transportation systems)
- Startup CAV applications and technologies
EXPERTISE AND SERVICES
- Engineering and IT support services
- Customized CAV test and validation services
- ‘CAV starter kit’ to expedite test bed integration (radios, SIM card)
- On-site Ottawa L5 team support
- Project definition and fit up services
- Demonstration and visitor centre
- Test equipment and vehicle storage
- On-site office spaces
- Co-location work spaces
- Education and business advisory services
- Investor introductions
- Networking and events
- Public relations support
- Soft landing services
- Research and talent development
- Client matchmaking
- Networking and events
Partenaires – Technologie
Partenaires – Écosystème