Helping to Preserve the Health of Our Community
As we continue to monitor the global outbreak of COVID-19, we are taking steps in accordance with the province-wide lockdown announced by Premier Doug Ford and the Government of Ontario on December 21 to help preserve the health and safety of our community.
Building on the protocols established to date, Invest Ottawa, Bayview Yards and Area X.O will be closed to the public until further notice. During this lockdown period:
- Our virtual office will be closed from December 25, 2020, until January 4, 2021, to help our team recharge and fully support our entrepreneurs, firms and community in the new year; we know this support is needed more than ever
- We will not host any onsite or in-person meetings, workshops or events, or have onsite front desk reception services
- Our employees will continue to work from home and support you, all clients and stakeholders safely online in the new year; this includes on-going virtual delivery of our programs, services, and events
- We will continue to collaborate closely with our health authorities, monitor COVID-19 developments, and communicate steps we are taking via our homepage and social media
- We will also promote new pandemic programs and support for local businesses and community members on our COVID-19 Resources webpage in the new year, including:
- The new Ontario Small Business Support Grant to be launched by the province in January 2021. This grant will provide small businesses required to close or significantly restrict services with funding up to a maximum of $20,000 to help cover decreased revenue expected as a result of the province-wide shutdown; and
- Our Digital Main Street Program which helps small businesses impacted by COVID-19 get online and get selling quickly to generate new revenue and continue operating
Should you have questions about what will be open in Ontario, impacts to your business or employment, please visit Ontario’s website or call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659 seven days a week.
Your health and safety remain our top priority. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Sonya Shorey, Vice President, Strategy, Marketing and Communications at [email protected].
Thank you for your continued collaboration and support to help keep our innovation hub and community healthy and safe.