International Women's Week
Every year, on March 8th, the world celebrates the economic, social, cultural and political achievements of women on International Women’s Day. In Canada’s Capital, we create an entire week dedicated to these important goals.
Our community comes together to inspire, empower and equip women in leadership across tech, entrepreneurship, industry, government, academia, innovation, and non-profits.
Join in as we strive to help more women leaders in Ottawa impact our economy and society.
March 2019, champions and allies are leading change. Join us.
The momentum continues
Building on the momentum achieved during International Women’s Week, don’t miss the following events:
- Mar 19: BDC Ottawa’s WE Talk Business Boot Camp | Register
- Mar 25: African and Canadian Women in Science and Technology Workshop | Register
- Mar 26: TiE Institute Presents: The Entrepreneur’s Life – Lessons From The Trenches | Register
- Mar 28: #SaaSChats on Twitter: Diversity & Inclusion for Startups with #movethedial, Solange Tuyishime, Crescendo & Talent Collective | Register
- April 19: Businesswoman of the Year Awards Gala | Register
Please note: All International Women’s Week events are featured in the official language(s) as provided by the host organization.
Supporting the advancement of women in industry, academia, entrepreneurship, politics, or an other professional sector(s)? Have an event taking place during International Women’s Week in Ottawa?
While we celebrate all IWD initiatives, this calendar promotes events that directly support women in leadership across professional sectors in Canada's Capital Region.
Collaboration is critical to success.
It will take women and men working together as a collaborative force to create, attract and retain more women leaders in a region where barriers are eliminated and opportunity abounds.
This collective action will help more women achieve their potential, and increase our performance, competitiveness, and impact as a region.
Organizations from across our city are working independently and together to address these goals during IWW and beyond. As a community, we are committed to advancing women leaders.