via Ottawa Business Journal
Ottawa companies on last week’s trade mission to India signed memoranda of understanding, strategic partnerships, and other agreements that are worth an estimated $80 million.
“This has been a successful trade mission, generating a dozen investment announcements and partnerships that are helping to build Ottawa’s global reputation and relationships between Ottawa and Indian companies and organizations,” Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson said in a statement.
Mr. Watson, who led the 35-delegate mission, added many of the deals introduced Ottawa companies to markets and financial resources in India.
“They are significant for the businesses and organizations involved, and in many cases, they are the first critical steps in forging lasting and prosperous relationships,” Mr. Watson said.
Delegates discussed business development opportunities in high tech, film production, online education solutions, water and wastewater management, real estate and legal services.
Highlights of the Ottawa Trade Mission:
· Kivuto Solutions E-learning company will collaborate with Golgotias University in India to expand digital textbook resources in India.
· Kivuto also formed a reseller partnership with Edukinect India, a Microsoft Learning Partner in technical education.
· National Jewels in India will establish their Canadian brand in Ottawa with inCa Synergies with an estimated investment that may exceed $250,000.
· qEW Films Inc, with markets in Canada, India and UAE, signed a MOU with Anmol Pictures for a co-production aiming for a 2017 shoot in Ottawa.
· Clearford Water Systems Inc., a provider of unified water management and sanitation systems, commissioned its first Clearford One installation in India, valued at approximately $150,000.
· EION Inc., a wireless technology company in Ottawa, and Adino Telecom Limited in India formed a strategic partnership worth an estimated $50 million during the period of the partnership.
· SKILLSdox Inc., an online education company with a team of 22 in Ottawa, showcased their media partnership with School of Skill and the Times of India, valued at $30 million.
· Invest Ottawa, the city’s economic development agency, announced a MOU with NASSCOM 10,000 Startups (National Association of Software and Services Companies) in India.
· The City of Ottawa announced an MOU with Amity University to strengthen its presence in Ottawa and facilitate exploration of Amity University locating a campus here in collaboration with a local partner. During the tour of the Amity campus in New Delhi, Mayor Watson was awarded the Amity Distinguished Leadership Award for his dedication to public service and his efforts to strengthen the Canada-India relationship.
· Invest Ottawa solidified its relationship with Reliance GENNEXT as the parties agreed to jointly evaluate and explore opportunities in relation to marketing, promotion and facilitation of growth of their accelerator programs.