Proactive and Preventative Steps to Help Preserve the Health of Our Community
September 9, 2020, update:
Our community’s health and safety remain our number one priority. We will provide an update when changes to our policies and procedures have changed.
July 9, 2020, update:
All non-essential staff, companies, and licensees should not be working at Bayview Yards, as per government regulations.
May 15, 2020, update:
Bayview Yards will remain closed to the public until further notice. Invest Ottawa’s continues to serve entrepreneurs and firms, virtually.
The health and safety of our community is our number one priority.
As we continue to monitor the global outbreak of COVID-19, we are taking important steps that directly support the recommendations shared by Dr. Vera Etches, Ottawa Public Health, our Prime Minister and other authorities, to help preserve the health and safety of you, your families and our community.
We fully support the guidance provided to all Ottawa residents to strengthen social distancing measures, cancel any planned events, and refrain from going out for non-essential reasons. As Dr. Etches noted, Ottawa residents will benefit from more social distancing between people, cancelling events of all sizes, and staying home when you’re sick. The Centre for Disease Control (CDC) defines social distancing as it applies to COVID-19 as remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.
Building on the initial protocols communicated to date, Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards are now taking the following additional steps that translate these important recommendations into action:
Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards to be Closed to the Public Until April 6, 2020
- Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards will be closed to the public, and accessible to tenants and staff by key card only, until April 6, 2020. This includes our entire Bayview Yards site (including our Bayview Yards Prototyping Lab), our Kanata office located at 555 Legget Dr., and our Ottawa L5 Private CAV Test Facility at the Greenbelt.
- Our outdoor sign will reflect this information, with additional signage at the entrance of our facility.
- Please note the doors to Bayview Yards will be locked throughout this entire period.
- As communicated on Friday, March 13, 2020, all meetings, workshops and events booked at Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards facilities by external parties have been suspended until this date (subject to extension pending assessment with OPH).
- Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards Employees Working from Home: To preserve and protect the health of our employees, all members of our Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards team will work from home until at least Monday, April 6, 2020.
- On-Going Review and Assessment with OPH: Together with OPH, we will consistently review and assess this dynamic situation and take any additional steps that may be required during this period. We will communicate all updates, actions and changes with you and our community consistently.
Developing Safe, New Ways to Virtually Engage, Inform and Support You, Our Clients and Community
- As previously communicated, we are developing new ways to deliver as many programs and services as possible online and provide much-needed support to our entrepreneurs, firms and stakeholders.
- If you are a founder, entrepreneur or firm that is seeking assistance and support, please reach out to us.
- We welcome any ideas, feedback or recommendations you may have on resources, tips, tools, guidance, online events and engagement approaches that could help you, our clients and our community through this difficult time.
- We aim to help keep everyone fully engaged, connected and collaborating in safe and interactive ways.
- Please send along any ideas you may have for our marketing and communications team to Sonya Shorey at [email protected]
We Are Here to Support You
- As emphasized by our Prime Minister today, the Government of Canada is urging all Canadians abroad to return home now while that possibility still exists. We strongly support and echo this guidance for all members of our community.
- Your health and safety is our top priority, and we are committed to taking the steps required to mitigate and manage risk in this very dynamic environment.
- Most importantly, please take care of yourselves, your loved ones and each other. As echoed by the Prime Minister today during his nation-wide address, please take the time to check in on those around you, offer support to family, friends, colleagues and neighbours who might need extra help in the weeks ahead. It is extremely important to stay connected in safe ways, such as phone, email, Facetime and Teams.
- Thank you for your continued collaboration and support to help keep our innovation hub and community healthy and safe.