This program is intended for entrepreneurs, small business owners and those who are interested in web development. In 8 weeks you will learn how to design develop and launch and maintain your very own website.
Every Monday and Thursday Evening From 6pm to 9pm Starting Thursday, February 21st and ending Thursday, April 11th, 2019
- Defining the purpose of your website
- Software installations and the tools of the trade
- Web Design Fundamentals
- UX Design Fundamentals
- This week you will actually take the ideas you have in your head and get them down on paper, you will be given all the tools and guidance you need to design your website
- An Introduction to HTML
- Tags, elements, attributes
- This week you will be building the structure of your website using HTML
- An Introduction to CSS
- Colours, Fonts, Design
- This week you will be making your website beautiful by adding colours, sizes, and fonts.
- CSS Layouts
- We will be adding grids and structure to our websites to make sure every element is exactly where we want it.
- Responsive Design
- We want to make sure your website looks great across all devices so this week we will be teaching you how to write responsive styles.
- We will be using a static site generator to easily add multiple pages to our websites and make it easier to manage and update.
- Going Live
- This week you will be going live with your website, we will walk you through hosting, domains, and how to get your website up on the internet for the world to see
- quick intro to google analytics
**If cost is a barrier for you to participate in this course we do have a limited number of scholarships available if you are in need. *Note that scholarships are limited and will be rewarded according to our discretion*