Celebrating Canada’s fastest-growing technology companies
Applications for 2019 are now open until May 31
Deloitte’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications group is excited to launch the 22nd year of the Technology Fast 50 program. The program celebrates the world-class achievements of Canadian technology companies, highlighting their commitment to innovation, leadership, and rapid revenue growth.
The awards are presented in distinct categories that characterize and define the unique strengths of Canadian innovation. Open to both public and private companies, past winners include BlackBerry, Hootsuite, Shopify, Index Exchange, and Touch Bistro. The program provides technology companies across the country the opportunity to be showcased nationally and globally. Do you have what it takes?
Technology Fast 50TM
This category ranks Canada’s 50 fastest-growing technology, media, and telecommunications companies by revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation.
North American Technology Fast 500TM
This ranks the 500 technology companies in the United States and Canada that post the highest revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation.
This category highlights Canadian technology companies with the potential to be future Technology Fast 50TM candidates.
Enterprise Fast 15
(NEW) This leadership category recognizes fastest-growing enterprise-level technology, media, and telecommunications companies by revenue-growth percentage over their last four years of operation. It’s open to companies that recorded a minimum revenue of $10 million in 2015 and a minimum revenue of $25 million in 2018.
Is your company a Fast 50TM contender?
Technology Fast 50TM and North American Technology Fast 500TM applicants must be:
- In business for at least four years (on or prior to December 31, 2015)
- Headquartered in Canada or Canadian-controlled, with both management and research and development (R&D) teams also located in Canada
- Investing a minimum of five percent of gross revenues in R&D
- Generating a significant proportion of operating revenue via proprietary technology and/or intellectual property
- Able to prove minimum revenues of $50,000 in 2015 and $5 million in 2018. (Revenues to qualify for Fast 500™ must be US$50,000 in 2015 and US$5 million in 2018.)
- Participating in one of the following five sub-sectors:
- Emerging technologies
- Digital media
To be eligible in the Companies-to-Watch category, applicants must meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50TM nominees except for the revenue requirement.
Eligibility in the Enterprise Fast 15 category requires applicants to meet the same criteria as for Technology Fast 50TM nominees except they must have a minimum revenue of $10 million in 2015 and a minimum revenue of $25 million in 2018.
If you have what it takes to claim a leading spot among Canadian technology innovators, apply today for the Fast 50™ program.