Who Should Attend?
Are you called upon to use creative thinking, to innovate or to create and launch new initiatives or projects?
Are stakeholders not reacting to your products and programs as you’d hoped?
If so, you may have heard of Design Thinking. If you want to know what it looks like and to experience first hand how it is used, join us for this 1-day Design Thinking Fundamentals course.
This highly interactive training workshop is designed to introduce the main steps of the design process by immediately applying and experiencing design thinking methodologies.
In Design Thinking Fundamentals, participants will familiarize themselves with the key stages, mindsets and techniques of Human-Centered Design (Design Thinking).
Participants will leave feeling equipped (empowered) to provide an overview of Design Thinking to their colleagues, to actively identify design challenges in their environment, to apply select Design Thinking techniques in their daily lives, and to participate in a complete design process.
In this workshop, participants will….
- Discuss how design thinking fits into today’s business environment and the difference between divergent and convergent thinking,
- Practice identifying opportunities for design and formulating a design challenge,
- Engage in hands-on exploration of the Inspiration, Ideation and Implementation stages of a design project at a small scale
- Engage in discussions and personal reflection on the potential challenges and opportunities of integrating design thinking in the work environment.
- Reflect on potential design challenges for participants to carry forward and identify next steps
- Learning Objectives
Participants will leave this workshop with:
- The steps of the Design Thinking process
- Design Thinking tools that can immediately be applied
- An understanding of the potential and limitations of applying a Design Thinking approach
- Ideas for where to apply Design Thinking in their lives and workplaces
About the Trainer:
Marika Escaravage focuses on building strong, innovative teams by empowering people to access their creative capacity and to improve their communications abilities.
Marika holds an Executive Certificate in Social Impact Strategy from the University of Pennsylvania, a Certificate in Creative Problem Solving from the Creative Problem Solving Institute and a Bachelor of Social Sciences from the University of Ottawa.
An avid learner, she has completed further professional education in content marketing, proofreading, social media strategy, and design thinking, having trained in-person with IDEO U.
Marika is fluently bilingual in French and English and masters Latin American Spanish at an advanced level.
To find out more, please contact Leen Al-Jaber at 613-230-6424 ext 112 or [email protected]