Session 1 of a four-part series.
The Developing Leaders Series (DLS) was designed for the senior management in small-mid sized enterprises (SME) including not-for-profits. The series focuses on peer-based learning and training on the most important leadership competencies.
Session #1: From Uncertainty to Hope: Keys for Adapting to a Changing Workplace (in a Pandemic)
Being a manager during a pandemic is the ultimate test of your ability to adapt to the disruption of your workplace while supporting others.
This interactive session will help you:
– Build greater awareness of external and internal disruptions caused by a crisis/pandemic.
Understand the neuroscience behind stress symptoms and their impact on behaviours.
– Learn how to ‘put your own mask on first’ as a leader and support your adaptation and self-care.
– Review the different phases of change and how you can help your teams adjust to losses, adapt to the ‘new normal’ and become re-engaged in your company’s mission.
– Become sensitized to the importance of emotional safety in the workplace – what it is, why it’s important and how to create it, particularly in a pandemic when physical safety is absent.
– Share practical tips to support a successful re-entry and best practices to foster team engagement and hope.
This session will be led by Dominique Dennery and facilitated by Claude Haw.