This seminar will give you an overall view of what you need to know to export goods abroad:
- financial issues (Incoterms, payments, exchange rates, insurance),
- Canadian export regulations,
- declarations and permits,
- logistics costs,
- Free Trade Agreements and their impact,
- regional differences (USA, Europe, Latin America, Asia),
- shipping to trade shows,
- the roles and responsibilities of the:
- the importer,
- the carrier,
- the freight forwarder,
- the customs broker, and
- other intermediaries.
Learn the basics as well as the important details that will impact your bottom line and avoid mistakes, minimize costs/risks and maximize revenue.
Speaker Bio: Christian Sivière, Solimpex
Following a 30 year career in international logistics in Europe and in Canada, Christian Sivière started a Montréal-based import-export consultancy in 2010, Solimpex, active in two areas:
- consulting and coaching to help SMEs grow internationally; and
- training on the Logistics, Customs and Regulatory aspects of International Trade, Importing, Exporting, Free Trade Agreements, Supply Chain Management and related issues.
Christian lectures for CIFFA, the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association in Toronto and FIATA, the World Federation of Freight Forwarders in Zurich, gives seminars and webinars for various trade organizations like Invest Ottawa, the EU Delegation in Canada, the Montreal Chamber of Commerce, Export Québec, the Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters and similar, and personalized training for importers and exporters.
He also publishes articles in Inside Logistics and Supply Professional.