This seminar will give you an overall view of what you need to know to export goods abroad:
- financial issues (Incoterms, payments, exchange rates, insurance),
- Canadian export regulations,
- declarations and permits,
- logistics costs,
- Free Trade Agreements and their impact,
- regional differences (USA, Europe, Latin America, Asia),
- shipping to trade shows,
- the roles and responsibilities of the:
- the importer,
- the carrier,
- the freight forwarder,
- the customs broker, and
- other intermediaries.
Learn the basics as well as the important details that will impact your bottom line and avoid mistakes, minimize costs/risks and maximize revenue.
Speaker Bio: Christian Sivière, Solimpex
Following an international freight forwarding career of over 30 years in Europe and in Canada, Christian Sivière started an import-export consultancy in May 2010: Solimpex.
Solimpex is principally active in two areas:
– consulting and coaching to help SME’s grow internationally
– training on international trade – importing and exporting – with focus on supply chain management, logistics, regulations and customs issues.
A CPMT accredited trainer (Québec designation), Christian lectures at College Champlain in Montréal, for the Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association in Toronto and gives seminars and webinars for various trade organizations across Canada like the Montréal Chamber of Commerce, the Supply Chain Management Association of Canada, the E.U. Delegation in Canada and similar. He publishes articles in Inside Logistics.