“We’re more than a hackathon, we’re bringing innovation to healthcare”
Apply here to participate, and don’t forget to Save the Date! Interested applicants are encouraged to attend preparatory events: https://www.eventbrite.ca/o/hacking-health-ottawa-6701527601.
Add your idea or sign-up for a team by joining our Sparkboard: http://hhottawa.sparkboard.com/. If you would just like to be an observer for the night (pitch/finale) you can register directly.
What is the #HIP613 Hackathon?
#HIP613 is a weekend-long hackathon that breaks down barriers to healthcare innovation. We bring together healthcare professionals, IT, designers, policy analysts and entrepreneurs to collaborate, dream up & create solutions to real world problems to improve healthcare.
At the hackathon, we will build prototypes of our ideas, so that they can be tested to potentially transform healthcare. We are excited to have CHEO-OCTC consider your successful projects for pilot opportunities at the hospital. Other projects will move on to become viable startups — and that’s how we together can create impact!
Early bird tickets are $35 CAD for participants so be sure to apply soon. Observer tickets are $20 CAD. The early bird rate ends April 3rd.
What makes us different from other innovation weekends?
- Work directly with healthcare professionals and end users to identify and tackle real problems
- Piloting opportunities with CHEO-OCTC to test your solution
- Part of a larger program. There is post-hackathon support/resources to help bring your idea to fruition
- A ton of great prizes (value: $120,000)!
- Make a difference in the lives of children and families at CHEO – our very children’s hospital!