The business development professional’s purpose is to optimize optionality and long term value at each stage of a company’s life. As a company grows and gains traction, it’s easy to get enticed and overwhelmed by the numerous opportunities that arise. How do you determine the direction that will add the most value to your company? How do you avoid the constant pursuit of “shiny objects”? How do you know when it’s the right time for a strategic partnership?
In this workshop, you’ll learn fundamental business development skills to help you successfully evaluate and manage strategic alliances and other potential growth opportunities.
Topics will include:
- Strategic alliance process management
- Concepts in valuation
- Importance of IP and IP diligence
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Basic components of a contract
This workshop is geared towards business development professionals and management teams of life science startups.
- Breanne Halyk | Innovation Activation Manager, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS Canada
- Parth Chakrabarti | Senior Director, Transactions, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- 10:00 AM | Registration Opens
- 10:30 AM | Welcome & JLABS overview
- 11:00 AM | Presentation
- 12:00 PM | Q&A
- 12:30 PM | Lunch and Networking
- 1:30 PM | Program Close
Event Partner: Invest Ottawa
$25 | General Public
$15 | Student/Academic
$35 | Onsite
To learn more about the speakers, and to register, visit: http://i613.ca/IT6430jcxso