Local Talks No 8
Turning Nothing into Something: Business Plans, Profits, & Losses
When: Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Time: 7:00pm — 9:00pm
Where: Makerspace North
Cost: $15 @ online | $20 @ door | $10 for students and Makerspace North members (please provide photo ID)
**credit only at the door
Like building a house, when you start a business you need to lay a solid foundation. Without a strong foundation you run the risk of wasting time, energy, and valuable resources. To make sure that doesn’t happen, you need a business plan. Do you know how to create one or where to learn more about what you need to start your business?
With so many business incubators, entrepreneurial networks, and mentorship opportunities, Ottawa is rich with the resources you need to be successful as a business owner. However, all of those options can be daunting to someone who’s just starting out, so how do you start without becoming overwhelmed?
Join us April 27th where we’ll be discussing what it’s like to start your own business and how to take advantage of the local resources available to set yourself up for success. Our expert panel will also share their personal stories about their first years in business.
Limited spots available!
- Miranda Boisvert, Marketing Manager, Rebel.com (Moderator)
- Dave Hale, Founder & CEO, Soshal
- Manuel Hernandez, Business Development Manager, Futurpreneur Canada
- Graham Milner, Strategic Partnerships Manager, WaterAid Canada
- Janine Hogg, Creator, YogiWino
7:00PM – 7:30PM Doors Open/Social
7:30PM – 8:30PM Session + Q&A
8:30PM – 9:00PM Social
WHAT YOUR TICKET INCLUDES:
- Refreshments & light bites from Renew Cold Press & Maverick’s Donut Company
- Free beer from Stray Dog Brewing Company!
- Networking with a bunch of rad folk just like you
#LocalTalks is presented by Fall For Local.
Venue sponsored by Makerspace North