WE HEART MAKERS!
Freewheeling Craft and Makerspace North are excited bring you the second Maker Pitch Party! We have joined forces with epic partners and gathered up prizes to offer up at this event A night dedicated to the celebration and showcase of Modern Makers by having them vie for the ultimate Maker prize pack to fuel up their businesses.
The last Pitch Party was very well received and brought amazing judges and partners together to celebrate the Pitchers. We had an amazing crew of Makers show off their dedication, creativity and moxy in front of the panel of judges and audience and it was SO MUCH FUN.
MAKERS INFO (Guests to follow)
Applications are now open here —-> http://bit.ly/pitchparty2 The next crew of Modern Makers can now apply to Pitch at the next Party in front of judges for the ultimate Maker prize pack. The chosen crew will present to a judging panel and cheering crowd. We want to celebrate Modern Makers by having them present and compete for a great prize pack in front of a group of carefully selected judges. They are maker and entrepreneurial influencers in their own right so will know exactly which questions to ask the Pitchers.
We know that presenting in front of a crowd and judges can be daunting…better yet having to create a video…but this is what Adam Wilk, our last winner, had to say about the process:
“My product speaks for itself. So when I had to get up in front of a bunch of strangers and tell ’em why it means so much to me, it gave me a reality check. A successful business is more than just a product: it’s an idea and a culture. It needs to become a part of conversation. Pitch Party is where you get to practice and figure out how to make that spark. And that’s what it’s all about”.
We put a lot of thought into how to reward your efforts with relevant prizes to fuel your growth.
Prize pack includes the following with more to come!
- $1000 of cold hard cash.
- One month of Project Space at Makerspace North
- Invite to MShip Beta group and $100 to use towards shipping and fulfillment services.-
- $100 gift certificate for Camp Tech workshops.
- Free spot at the BLOOMING LOCAL craft market April 28-29 (worth $85).
- One on one mentoring with kick-ass maker business leaders in the 613 as follows:
- Adam Wilk from Northbound Notebooks brings great Shopify intel to the table. Undercarriage Deodorant will share her branding expertise.
- Chat about sales, merchandising and the customer journey with Amanda Cockburn of Freewheeling Craft.
- 3 hours of laser time courtesy of CNC Ottawa.
- Get your brand into people’s hands with 1000 business cards from CleverPrint.
- Debra Cowie Styling & Photography Maker Photography starter kit. Includes loads of instruction and a set product photos to enhance your visual experience.
Introducing the Judges:
- Dan Fallak of VTile, AMAZEBALLS and Coasterly
- Julie Dorion of Undercarriage Deodorant
- Katie Hession of YOW City Style
- Michael Wallack of Wallack’s Art Supplies
- Adam Wilk of Northbound Notebooks
- Emily Arbour of Cheerfully Made Goods + Markets
**Application deadline is February 8th**
Pitchers chosen and announced by February 15th.
Make sure to follow all the instructions closely!
Good luck to all the Makers! We can’t wait to see the applicants and celebrate with you very soon.
It’s not a party without a cheer section of attendees.
Want to Attend? Cheer on some new entrepreneurs and shmooze? Great! Grab a friend and guest tickets and come down!
Make sure to tag and share with other makers and friends!
#makerpitchparty | @makerspacenorth | @freewheelingcraft