The Pitch Party is a celebration of Modern Makers in our city, back by popular demand for V.2. Makerspace North + Freewheeling Craft offer a community that encourages growth and collaboration. Pitch Party is designed to continue the Maker community status expansion in Ottawa and offers opportunities for growth. The winner will receive a prize pack providing tools to support brand development, purchase a new piece of equipment/program/brand collateral to improve your added value, and improve your current processes in business operations.
You should apply if:
- You have a clear brand that carries throughout your product line + collateral.
- You create an original product/ product line to your brand.
- You see craft markets as an opportunity to engage community and connect.
- You have a 3 minute elevator pitch to sell your brand (to customers, wholesalers… and us!).
- You have a growth mentality: proud of your brand + and have growth plans.
- You realize that modern is a mindset and not a stage in life.
- You’re pretty engaged on social media because you realize that it’s an essential platform for growing a small business.
- You’re past the granny’s craft market scene and sell to more than just your friends.
- You either have an e-commerce platform or you can demonstrate your plans to start one.
- Must fall under the craft “Maker” category (not for tech start-ups).
- Sorry, no made overseas products or copies of other people’s original work.
To sum up- anyone in the Maker community in Ottawa can apply. You don’t have to have participated in one of our events before to apply, in fact we love welcoming new people into our community! You do have to have been in business for over 6 months, and are actively participating in the beginning stages of business development.