A Health Industry for a Healthy Canada
OBIO® are excited to announce that on November 15, we will host Dan Breznitz, author of Innovation in Real Places: Strategies for Prosperity in an Unforgiving World, as the keynote speaker for OBIO’s 2021 Annual Public Meeting. Dan is an award-winning author, speaker and educator, and one of the world’s most renowned authorities of innovation policies and economic growth.
Dan will address some of the most compelling and thoughtful topics from his book highlighting:
- Invention, innovation, and prosperity for all
- Why do Canada’s best companies always seem to get pulled to the USA?
- Building innovation capacity takes time, money, and energy. We have it all.
- What do finance, intellectual property rights, and data have to do with it?
- The policy change that must happen to build, “A Health Industry for a Healthy Canada”.
Canada’s health science industry is thriving and maturing, with interest from global investors at an all-time high. This brings the challenge of how to create and nurture companies so they grow and mature in Canada, rather than relocate to other countries. When health science companies scale domestically, it leads to job creation, revenue reinvestment, economic growth and globally competitive anchor companies.