This course will take you from installation to site creation. Learn how to build, set up and launch your website in one day. If you are a business owner and you are ready to get your website up and running and you want the skills to be able to do it yourself – this is the course for you. You will learn all of the ins and outs of WordPress – how to create a stunning website and use an easy to use a theme with a front-end builder (little to no coding necessary).
This workshop includes:
- Coffee and snacks
- The x-theme and license (a value of $80)
What you will learn in this workshop:
- The difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org (we will be using .org)
- How to install WordPress
- How to upload themes
- How to navigate the WordPress dashboard
- How to build a customized WordPress website using the x-theme
- How to work with and install plugins
- How to use widgets
- How to create posts and pages
By the end of the day, you will have your website set-up and launched.
What do you need to participate in this workshop?
- You will need hosting and a domain name (if you do not already have this I recommend using GoDaddy) – if you need assistance doing this before the workshop – please get in touch – we will be more than happy to send you a training video or jump on a call.
- A business or brand
- All text, images, videos, etc. that you want to put on your website ready to go
- No coding experience necessary / you do not have to be “techy” to be successful at this workshop. All experience levels are welcome and encouraged to join.
About Programmers 4 Peace:
We believe that code has the power to change the world. We equip the future generation with the tools and skills they need to create innovative solutions using technology. We empower youth to collaborate and break down social and economic barriers through identifying and solving issues they face in their communities using the power of tech. We believe that technology has the power to change the world and that coding is an essential skill. We are striving to make access to coding education available worldwide.
We believe in breaking down the social and economic barriers to peace. Programmers 4 Peace hosts workshops, hackathons, and events that equip individuals with the skills they need to take on social, political, and economic problems and improve lives worldwide. We encourage youth to challenge both simple and complex issues of their choice.
Our Workshops and Hackathons teach the following skills:
- Problem Solving
- Programming Languages and Concepts
- Effective Communication
- Leadership Skills
A portion of the proceeds pays it forward to continue programming in emerging economies or start-up markets of the world such as Rwanda, Iraq, Israel, and Gaza.